Analyst Mentoring Program (AMP)
The International Association of Crime Analysts (IACA) is pleased to announce our newly established Analyst Mentoring Program. Individuals working in the crime analysis profession often find that as analysts they are a rare commodity in their own agencies. Many analysts often find their agencies do not have adequate resources, training or skilled personnel available to help newcomers progress quickly to becoming trained and efficient at what they need to do.
The analyst mentoring program is designed to get you "in the know" sooner… by making peer to peer connections earlier in one's career. We will help to pair up newcomers (Mentees) with seasoned professionals (Mentors). The Mentor will volunteer their time to communicate via email, telephone, web-based resources etc. and provide the much needed advise to help Mentees on their way to being able to provide actionable, timely and relevant information that ultimately enhances the way law enforcement professionals prevent, detect, deter and respond to crime.
Mentee Eligibility Requirements
This program is open to individuals who fit the following criteria:
- IACA Membership Required (new and existing members may participate)
- Must be currently employed at a local, state, federal or international law enforcement entity (Please note, that at this time the program is not open to students, only analysts employed by law enforcement entities).
- Program participation will run from 6 months to 1 year after pairing.
Applications are currently being accepted for Mentees. Click HERE to apply.
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
- IACA Membership is required (must have been a member for at least 1 year to be considered, confirmation via IACA member database).
- Selection of Mentors will be conducted by the committee or designees. Preference is given to those applicants with one or more of the following criteria:
- Certified Law Enforcement Analyst
- Board Member of IACA or other recognized Analytical Association
- Satisfactory IACA Committee Chair Experience
- University Level Instructor
- IACA Training Series Instructors
- IACA Conference / Symposium Instructors
- Members who have demonstrated their knowledge, skills and abilities in various training and can provide a written recommendation from a member meeting one of the above listed criteria.
- A Mentor may choose to be assigned to multiple mentees.
- Each pairing will run from 6 months to 1 year.
Applications are currently being accepted for Mentors. Click HERE to apply.
The IACA reserves the right to approve, deny or revoke Mentee or Mentor participation at our discretion, regardless of your current membership status.
For more information about the IACA Analyst Mentoring Program, please contact your Mentoring Committee at email@example.com.
To escalate and improve upon our sharing of current skill levels, knowledge and networking abilities for continued improvements in our profession.