IACA 2021 Elections Season Timeline
Hello IACA Members!
Today, we kick off IACA Elections season. This year the open positions are for:
Nominations are now open! To self-nominate, please review the duties and responsibilities of the position you are considering, understand the time commitment, and email the position you wish to run for to email@example.com.
As per the May 2021 IACA Bylaws, the 2% of membership voting requirement has been removed. Now, membership will have the ability to rank the candidates in order of preference during only 1 voting phase, which will be open August 30 through October 1. Please review the updated Bylaws for additional changes and information.
Here is the schedule of election events:
July 1, 2021: Nomination submission opens
July 22, 2021: Nomination submission closes
July 23, 2021: Campaign statement and video deadline
July 26, 2021: Campaign statements and videos posted to the IACA Elections Forum
August 26, 2021: IACA Conference Annual Meeting and candidate meet and greets at conference (date subject to change)
August 30, 2021: Voting opens
October 1, 2021: Voting closes
October 8, 2021: Announce results via Announcements Forum
If interested in a position, review the duties and responsibilities, which are detailed in the IACA Bylaws:
The President has the following duties and responsibilities:
- To preside at all IACA membership meetings and Executive Board meetings;
- To present at each Annual Meeting an Annual Report of the activities of the IACA;
- To prepare the agenda for Annual Meetings and Executive Board meetings;
- To manage the goals, projects, and priorities of the association;
- To nominate chairperson and members of all committees, temporary and permanent, except the Ethics Committee;
- To exercise other powers and duties as may reasonably be construed as belonging to the Chief Executive of an organization.
The President is currently directly responsible for the following committees: Mentoring, Training, and Technology.
The Treasurer has the following duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure the care and custody of all funds belonging to the association;
- To deposit funds received through membership dues and other sources;
- To distribute funds authorized by the members or by the Executive Board, consistent with the provisions outlined in Article V;
- To provide to the membership, on a quarterly basis, a statement on the association’s current treasury balance;
- To provide to the membership at the Annual meeting a detailed list of expenditures for the previous year;
- To chair the Finance Committee, if formed under the provisions of Article VII;
- To arrange for an independent audit of the accounts every three years, as a newly elected Treasurer takes office.
The Treasurer is currently directly responsible for the following committees: Logistics/Store Coordinator, Mail Assistant, and Finance Committee (if created).
Please don’t hesitate to send any questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.