IACA Election Page
Please select the candidate you’d like to vote for each position, then click the [Submit Ballot] button to cast your ballot:
CAST YOUR BALLOT
Members must log in to cast a ballot.
The IACA will elect two Board positions this year:
Here is the schedule of election events:
- July 1, 2021: Nomination submission opens
- July 22, 2021: Nomination submission closes
- July 23, 2021: Campaign statement and video deadline
- July 26, 2021: Campaign statements and videos posted to the IACA Elections Forum
- August 26, 2021: IACA Conference Annual Meeting and candidate meet and greets at conference (date subject to change)
- August 30, 2021: Voting opens
- October 1, 2021: Voting closes
- October 8, 2021: Announce results via Announcements Forum
The President has the following duties and responsibilities:
- To preside at all IACA membership meetings and Executive Board meetings;
- To present at each Annual Meeting an Annual Report of the activities of the IACA;
- To prepare the agenda for Annual Meetings and Executive Board meetings;
- To manage the goals, projects, and priorities of the association;
- To nominate chairperson and members of all committees, temporary and permanent, except the Ethics Committee;
- To exercise other powers and duties as may reasonably be construed as belonging to the Chief Executive of an organization.
The President is currently directly responsible for the following committees: Mentoring, Training, and Technology.
The Treasurer has the following duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure the care and custody of all funds belonging to the association;
- To deposit funds received through membership dues and other sources;
- To distribute funds authorized by the members or by the Executive Board, consistent with the provisions outlined in Article V;
- To provide to the membership, on a quarterly basis, a statement on the association’s current treasury balance;
- To provide to the membership at the Annual meeting a detailed list of expenditures for the previous year;
- To chair the Finance Committee, if formed under the provisions of Article VII;
- To arrange for an independent audit of the accounts every three years, as a newly elected Treasurer takes office.
The Treasurer is currently directly responsible for the following committees: Logistics/Store Coordinator, Mail Assistant, and Finance Committee (if created).
The Elections Committee will receive and respond to any complaints about election procedures or refer them to the Ethics Committee.
Please contact the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the nomination or election process.