2019 International Symposium
Our 2019 International Symposium is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada from June 3rd-5th! Join us at the historic Fairmont Palliser for an unforgettable conference.
Every year the IACA hosts the Annual IACA Conference in the United States. The international symposium allows members from outside the US, who would normally not be able to attend the annual conference, to benefit from the training sessions and discussions designed to benefit them. This three-day conference includes a broad range of topics for analysts, law enforcement practitioners from all areas of the criminal justice system, and police executives.
IACA International Symposiums have been previously in Vancouver, the Hague, Toronto, and Halifax. Calgary has been selected as the location for the 2019 Symposium, and we have partnered with the Calgary Police Service as our Host Agency.
- What: 2019 IACA International Symposium
- When: June 3-5, 2019
- Where: The 2019 International Symposium hotel is the Fairmont Palliser Hotel (133- 9 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2M3). This is where all classes will be held.
- Hotel reservations – https://book.passkey.com/go/2019iacaintersympo
- Room Rate: $229 (Canadian Dollars) per night
- Taxes & Fees: 4% Tourism Levy, 3% Destination Marketing Fee, 5% Federal Goods & Services Tax
- Airports: Calgary International Airport (YYC), which is 15 minutes from the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.
Please check back often as new information will be posted as it becomes available. If the information you are looking for isn’t here, it hasn’t been announced yet.
Also, follow the IACA using our social media handles at the bottom of this page to stay informed about the conference and other IACA news.
- Early US$300 until April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$395)
- US$335 after April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$445)
- Early US$335 until April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$445)
- US$370 after April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$495)
- $230 (approx. CAD$305) This applies to full-time students or interns not employed by a law enforcement agency. Requires proof of enrollment.
- Rate also applies to students enrolled in the CCIAA Certification Program at various Southern California colleges/universities.
- Full-time working law enforcement crime analysts enrolled or going through the CCIAA program are not eligible for the student rate.
One Day Attendance Fee
- US$110 (approx. CAD$145)
Call for Presentation
You can present your way to the 2019 IACA International Symposium June 3-5 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada!
The 2019 IACA Symposium Committee is announcing its Call for Presentations and you are invited to submit a presentation to share experience and expertise with your colleagues in the profession of Crime and Intelligence Analysis.
We highly encourage you to consider submitting your own proposal. Presentations may include best practices, case studies, cybercrime, social media use, current research, technology or software use and your own innovation within the discipline. We are accepting abstracts for fundamental, intermediate, and advanced topics. Should your presentation be selected, you will receive one waived symposium registration and one night’s stay at the conference hotel.
Don’t delay – submissions must be received by March 31st, by 23:59 MST.
We look forward to seeing you in June!
Registration & Schedule
Registration opens February 2019. More information to follow.
What: 2019 International Symposium
When: June 03rd - 05th, 2019
Where: The Fairmont Palliser - Calgary, Alberta in Calgary, Alberta (Canada)
- Students: $230
- IACA Members: $300
- Non-members: $335
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in exhibitor or conference sponsor opportunities.