Every year the IACA hosts the Annual IACA Conference in the United States. The international symposium allows members from outside the US, who would normally not be able to attend the annual conference, to benefit from the training sessions and discussions designed to benefit them. This three-day conference includes a broad range of topics for analysts, law enforcement practitioners from all areas of the criminal justice system, and police executives.
IACA International Symposiums have been previously in Vancouver, the Hague, Toronto, and Halifax. Calgary has been selected as the location for the 2019 Symposium, and we have partnered with the Calgary Police Service as our Host Agency.
- What: 2019 IACA International Symposium
- When: June 3-5, 2019
- Where: The 2019 International Symposium hotel is the Fairmont Palliser Hotel (133- 9 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2M3). This is where all classes will be held.
- Hotel reservations – https://book.passkey.com/go/2019iacaintersympo
- Room Rate: $229 (Canadian Dollars) per night
- Taxes & Fees: 4% Tourism Levy, 3% Destination Marketing Fee, 5% Federal Goods & Services Tax
- Airports: Calgary International Airport (YYC), which is 15 minutes from the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.
Please check back often as new information will be posted as it becomes available. If the information you are looking for isn’t here, it hasn’t been announced yet.
Also, follow the IACA using our social media handles at the bottom of this page to stay informed about the conference and other IACA news.
Conference Rates & Registration
- Early US$300 until April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$395)
- US$335 after April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$445)
- Early US$335 until April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$445)
- US$370 after April 26, 2019 (approx. CAD$495)
- $230 (approx. CAD$305) This applies to full-time students or interns not employed by a law enforcement agency. Requires proof of enrollment.
- Rate also applies to students enrolled in the CCIAA Certification Program at various Southern California colleges/universities.
- Full-time working law enforcement crime analysts enrolled or going through the CCIAA program are not eligible for the student rate.
One Day Attendance Fee
- US$110 (approx. CAD$145)
Cancellations and Substitutions
Registrants who cancel on or prior to Friday, May 3, 2019 will receive a full refund if the registrant completed the registration process and paid prior to Friday, May 3, 2019.
Registrants who pay registration fees, do not attend the conference, and fail to notify the IACA registrar of their cancellation will NOT receive a refund.
Registrants who have registered and not paid prior to the conference will be responsible for a $150 food/administrative fee if cancellation is not received by Friday, May 3, 2019.
All conference cancellations must be made in writing to the IACA Symposium Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before Friday, May 3, 2019.
If your registration fee has been paid but you cannot attend, you may transfer your registration to another person in your organization. All transfers/substitutions must be coordinated with the Symposium Registrar. Please notify them as soon as you have determined that a substitution is required.
The agenda and schedule will be available once the presenters have been selected. More information to follow.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in exhibitor or conference sponsorship opportunities.
About Calgary, Alberta
- Click here to learn more about things to see and do in Calgary, Alberta