Sample Crime Analysis Products
Putting information into the hands of the people who can best make use of it is a primary goal for the analyst. Not only does it need to get to the right people, the information needs to be organized in a way that is quickly and easily understood, paints a complete picture, and enhances the reader’s knowledge of the situation or incident.
Products created by the CAU come in many forms: bulletins, reports, charts, maps, emails, etc. The example work products included in this section utilize many of these forms to provide information on crime patterns, crime series, wanted suspects, and statistical reports. These products also represent strategic, tactical, and administrative types of analysis.
Sample Analyst Products
- Albany Monthly Crime Brief
- Danvers Mall Larceny from Motor Vehicle Bulletin
- GPS Thefts
- North Richmond Robberies
- Oceanside Trends
- Shawnee Cigarette Smash & Grabs
- SNOCAT Wanted Bulletin
- Ontario Death Investigation
- Jurupa Valley CompStat Report
- Scottsdale Catalytic Converter Thefts Map
- Scottsdale Sneezy Bandit Robbery Series