Social Media Policy
Social Media: Comment Policy and Disclaimers
The IACA uses social media and forums to enhance communication with and between members of the association. However, by their nature, forums & social networking sites are participatory and involve sharing among multiple users. As such, the IACA has established the following policies and terms of participation on the social media pages/feeds/forums that it manages.
IACA Comment Policy
The IACA is committed to ensuring civil discussions and expects participants to treat each other with respect. The IACA does not discriminate against any views, but we do monitor content and will remove, without prior warning, any of the following:
- Comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language;
- Personal attacks/insults of any kind;
- Unsupported accusations;
- Defamatory language that targets specific individuals or groups;
- Comments that reveal personally identifiable information;
- Comments that include information that is privileged, personal, proprietary or otherwise not for public disclosure;
- Spam and comments that are clearly “off topic;”
- Comments that involve political campaigning or lobbying; and,
- Other comments that the IACA deems inappropriate.
The IACA reserves the right to ban from its social media and forum platforms users who repeatedly violate its comment policy. A delay in deleting a policy-violating posting should not be seen as an exception or an acceptance of any comment or opinion.
- The IACA does not guarantee that any information posted on its social media &/or forum platforms is correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance upon such information. The IACA does not guarantee, and assumes no liability for, anything posted on our social media and forum platforms by any person.
- Links to websites not maintained by the IACA are provided solely for the information and convenience of users.
- Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations presented on our social media or forum platforms are only those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the International Association of Crime Analysts.